Empayer Hatiku

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Dear Hubby

There was a time in my life
I was so happy to be your wife
I used to smile from the time the sun would rise
and I couldn't wait for the moon's surprise
Each day was a new breath for us to take
with so much excitement near the lake
What happened to all of that?
Has it been tucked up under the mat?
There was a time when you couldn't take your eyes off of me
you'd hold my hand so tenderly
There was a time we had nothing to do
but that was fine as long as I had only you
There was a time we had no place to go
we'd go to the lake to watch the water flow
What happened to those times and why are they a memory?
I need them back now, I need harmony
there was a time we shared so much
Now its all I can do to have your touch
I need you back not in my mind
but right in front of me when things were kind
What will it take for me to have you
Tell me, tell me what to do?
I want us to be like we used to be
I don't want us to be a memory
You used to love me and you were all mine
There was a time
posted by Nona at 9:52 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home